When you’re sporting a tie, you can pretty much stroll in anywhere you want; whether you’re suiting up for work or laying out a look for a fancy dinner, a tie will help you gracefully pull together the disparate pieces of your wardrobe. Want to master the basic tie knot? Here is how you can:
1) Start with the wide end of your necktie on the right, extending about 12 inches below the narrow end on the left.
2) Then cross the wide end over the narrow end.
3) Turn the wide end back underneath the narrow end.
4) Continue by bringing the wide end back over in front of the narrow end again.
5) Now, pull the wide end up and put it through the loop around your neck.
6) Hold the front of the knot loosely with your index finger and bring the wide end down through the front loop.
7) Finally, remove your finger and tighten the knot to the collar by holding the narrow end and carefully sliding the knot up.
Next, go out and do what you have to do. You can be sure that you look fabulous!