Pakistanis have been worrying about Coronavirus these days and the spread of Coronavirus in Pakistan. It is a virus that causes an infection in your nose, sinuses and/or upper throat.
Some types are not dangerous but some types of coronavirus like the one spread out these days around the world are actually very serious. About 858 people died in the Middle East when MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) appeared for the first time in 2012. It later affected a few countries in Africa, Asia and even Europe. This also happened in 2014 when the first American was hospitalized for this case and there was one more case reported in Florida. Both of them had returned from Saudi Arabia. The outbreak of MERS also happened in May 2015 in Korea and was marked as the largest outbreak outside Arabia. There was also a very severe disease called Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome which outbroke in 2003 and around 774 people died but till 2015 no cases for SARS have been reported.
However, in early 2020, following December 2019 outbreak in China was identified as coronavirus by World Health Organization. This too is a respiratory syndrome but now named as this. Often, this kind of virus causes upper respiratory infection symptoms like sore throat, stuffy nose and cough. It even causes middle ear infections in children and can be treated with rest and a few over the counter medicines.
What Actually is Coronavirus and How is Coronavirus Found in Pakistan?
This deadly virus was first identified in the 1960s but traces have still not been found as to where this virus came from. The name was adapted because the virus was shaped like a crown. Not only does this virus affect humans but also animals an dis very easy to catch.
Coronavirus usually spread just like an ordinary virus and begins with coughing and sneezing and is further spread to other people through hand or face contact or touching thing infected people touch.
It is said that almost everyone gets a coronavirus infection atleast once in their life but this time around, it’s quite deadly and almost everyone is praying it doesn’t spread much. Moreover, coronavirus is spreading in Pakistan through China and there are around 4-5 suspects of people dying in Pakistan through coronavirus.
China has also been expanding travel restriction to contain this virus that has infected nearly 2000 and has killed 56 people in China so far. The virus is originated in Hubei’s capital or Wuhan and has spread throughout China and around the world even countries that are distant like France, Australia and United States.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
One bad thing about Coronavirus is that the symptoms are quite common to be identified if it’s just regular sickness or something serious. These symptoms include:
- Breathing Difficulties
It causes Pneumonia as well which if tested and diagnosed can be an alarming situation. In severe cases, organ failure can also happen. Antibiotics are not going to affect in any case and recovery totally depends on the strength of your immune system. All those who died are reported to have been already in poor health.
How to Stay Safe From Coronavirus in Pakistan
It is always great to stay safe when you know something can be life threatening and it is quite evident that Coronavirus is spreading in Pakistan as well. Some precautionary measures to stay safe from Coronavirus in Pakistan are as follows.
- First and foremost, head out with an ear loop face mask so that you do no inhale anything harmful.
- Always, always carry a sanitizer with yourself.
- Make sure you keep your hands clean and frequently wash them with alcohol-based soap or hand wash and water.
- Try staying away from anyone who is down with fever, cough or any sort of viral. Corona is contagious
- Make sure you cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or a flexed elbow and wash it off right away so that it doesn’t spread any further.
- Try avoiding consumption of raw, undercooked animal products in order to avoid cross contamination. Even milk and other raw food should be kept away from cooked food and should also be handled with care for safety purposes.
- If you have fever, cough or face difficulty in breathing, rush for medical help without any delays. Be sure to share your medical history while getting a check up done.
- If you feel unwell, stay indoors and rest.
- If you’re visiting markets or any other open places, avoid any contact with animals.
Pakistani Embassy in Beijing has issued a notice to the local community to cooperate with the Chinese health authorities for curbing the spread, understanding prevention and also following the measures.
Precautions begin within our own home. So, if we are careful and spread the awareness, we can save a number of lives in Pakistan from coronavirus.