Originated from China, Spring rolls have a lot of different versions in different countries. This delicacy is enjoyed a lot in Pakistan with tea or in Iftar. A lot of people just prepare these beforehand for Ramadan so that all they have to do is fry them before Iftar. They are light, airy, and crispy with tender-crisp veggies, chicken, etc. Here’s a simple spring rolls recipe for your Iftar table or tea time snacking.
Spring Roll – Ingredients:
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 1 ½ Cups Chicken (Boiled & shredded)
- 1 ½ Cups Carrot (julienne cut)
- 1 ½ Cups Cabbage
- 1 ½ Cups Capsicum (julienne cut)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp crushed Black Peppers
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 3-4 tbsp All-purpose flour
- Water as per requirement
- 15-20 Roll sheets
- Cooking Oil for frying
Spring Roll Preparations:
- In a wok, add oil, chicken, carrot, cabbage, capsicum and give it a good mix.
- Add salt, black pepper crushed, soy sauce and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes & set aside.
- In all-purpose flour, add water, and mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Take roll sheets, add the filling and fold both sides, apply all-purpose flour paste, and fold it again.
- Prepare the remaining rolls in the same manner
- In a wok, heat the cooking oil and fry until golden brown.
These can be prepared and stored for up to 3 weeks.