Are you craving for something tasteful, something spicy, something different? Well, aren’t we all!
This baked masala chicken will be the perfect recipe for this chatpati craving of yours. It’s got a tangy touch that you’ll love, and the spicy, velvet, texture of the chicken will take your taste buds to the moon!
Here’s how you can make this delicious dish:
Baked Masala Chicken with Fries
- ½ kg Chicken
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp Red-chilli powder
- 3-4 tbsp Tandoori masala powder
- ½ – 1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Papaya paste
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- Salt optional
- 2 tbsp Yogurt optional
- Wash the chicken well and make cuts in it for the masala to seep inside.
- In a bowl, add the chicken and the garlic-ginger paste.
- Then add the tandoori masala, red-chilli powder and roasted cumin seeds powder.
- Further add the yogurt (if you want a little sour taste), and if you feel like you need more salt, then add salt according to your taste.
- Then add the oil and mix the chicken well with the marination.
- You could also make the marination mix in a separate bowl first and then add the chicken to it.
- Leave the chicken to marinate for at least 2-3 hours.
- On the side, wash the potatoes and cut them up for french fries. Leave it aside for the water to drain.
- After 2-3 hours, place the marinated chicken on a baking dish. Make sure to pour all the leftover marination mix over the chicken as well.
- Then bake the chicken at around 160 degrees for almost 1 hour.
- And keep checking after 30-40 mins of baking if the chicken has turned golden-red.
- Once you see the golden-red color, turn the chicken upside down to let it bake from the other side.
- Take out the chicken once the other side has baked as well. Don't remove the chicken yet.
- Now add fries with the chicken in the baking dish, and use a spatula to mix the fries in the masala.
- Your Baked Chicken with Fries is ready!
Buy your ingredients online: