Don’t you simply love the chicken karahi you have in restaurants and dhabaas? Well, here’s some good news for you! You can now make your restaurant style chicken karahi at home!
This recipe for chicken karahi doesn’t use any masala packet, and turns out to be simply delicious and perfect! It’s spicy, juicy and just the right amount of tangy!
Here’s the recipe for you:
- 1 Chicken (1.5 kg)
- Cooking Oil
- 7-8 Tomatoes (medium size ones)
- 1½ tsp Garlic-Ginger Paste
- 3 tsp Red Chilli Powder (or hasb-e-zaiqa)
- 1 inch Ginger (julienne cut)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 12 Vertically-Sliced Green Chillis (the medium-sized thick ones)
- ½ bunch Corriander leaves
- Add cooking oil to your cooking pot or bowl-shaped pan (karhai), and then add the chicken to it.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and salt.
- Let the chicken fry for a bit, and using a spatula, move it around in the pot.
- Then, add the sliced tomatoes to the chicken. And, let it cook till the water starts to dry up.
- If the water is drying but the chicken still needs more cooking, then add more water.
- Let it cook again till very little water is left to dry. But if the chicken has tenderized but excess water is remaining, turn up the heat to quickly dry the water.
- Add the coriander leaves, green chillis and ginger, and place the covering lid on the top.
- After 5 minutes, when the oil seems to have surfaced, turn off the stove.
- Your mazaydaar Chicken Karahi is tayyar!
Get your ingredients online:
For more grocery items or fresh fruits and vegetables, visit dMart!