3 Delicious Air Fryer Recipes to Make Your Iftaar Healthier!
When it comes to traditional Pakistani Iftaaris, not having fried items on the table is almost impossible!
Every year we vow to ourselves that we will not indulge in oily, deep fried pakoras, samosas, rolls and jalebis..but let’s be true. It NEVER happens!
But the only thing that happens later on is the guilt we feel from eating so many fried items after we see it taking a toll on our bellies and face.
If you have an irrevocable love for fried items then we have a solution for you that will make you have all your favourite snacks during Iftaari without guilt and in half the calorie!
The trick is to just alternate the deep frying to Air Frying!
Air Fryers are heaven-sent for every food lover who’s conscious about their health. They make your food crispy, golden and crunchy just like deep frying down but without the unhealthy fats and oils! They cook your food with built-in fans that push and circulate heated air around the food making the exterior crispy leaving the inside tender.
Benefits of Cooking in an Air Fryer:
If you’re still sceptical, here are some benefits of switching to an Air Fryer:
- They fry your food with almost no oil
- The heat from the fan cooks the food making it crispy and light
- The heat from air sucks up all the unhealthy grease
- Reduce the fat content in your food allowing you to take fewer calories. (fat from oil equals to 9 calories/per gram)
- You stay healthy and away from the risk of obesity and heart diseases
- Lastly, enjoy your Iftaari snacks guilt-free!
Here are some great and totally Guilt-free snacks you can make for Iftar!
Now that you’re all set on how Air fryers work and why they’re the best alternative for frying food, you can try these super easy and fail-proof Aur Fryer recipes that are perfect for Iftari time!
1) Air Fried Pakoras
Calories with Deep Frying: 300-400 Calories
Calories with Normal Frying: 39-50 Calories
- 1 finely chopped Onion and 5,6 Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds (zeera)
- 4 tb sp Besan
- Preheat Air Fryer to 200 degrees (make sure to take out the basket)
- Mix the onion and spinach along with the besan and add spices and zeera
- Add 2 tb sp water to make into a paste
- In Air Fryer basket, take small bits of the pakora batter and spread evenly on the Air Fryer Basket and brush lightly with oil
- Air Fry for 10 mins at 200 degrees
- And enjoy!
2) Crispy Chicken Tenders
Calories With Deep Frying: Approximately 300 calories plus fat from oil
Calories with Air Frying: 189 calories per 100 grams
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 4 halves (marinate the tenders in 1 tb sp of vinegar and soya sauce for extra flavour)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp white pepper and 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400F
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper together
- In flat tray, pour out bread crumbs
- In a bowl, whisk your egg
- Now, coat your chicken tender one by one in the flour mixture first and then dip it into the egg and coat with bread crumbs
- Repeat till all the tenders are covered and spray them with very little oil and put them into the Air Fry to cook for 5 mins
- Keep turning its side to evenly cook.
- Enjoy with dips or sauce!
3) Mozzarella Sticks
Calories With Deep Frying: 339 per 100 grams
Calories with Air Frying: 276 per 100 grams
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Parsely seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 teaspoon chicken powder
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 8 whole milk (or low-fat) mozzarella sticks
- 1 wax paper or baking paper
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 390F 10 minutes before cooking the mozzarella sticks
- Take the mozzarella sticks in dip it in eggs first and then coat it with the seasoning of chicken powder, salt and pepper
- Gently dip the mozzarella stick in the egg again and coat it with bread crumbs this time
- After your mozzarella sticks are coated, freeze them for an hour or two
- Take them out and lay them in the wax paper to be cooked in the Air Fryer for 5,7 minutes
Top Rated Air Fryers You Can Buy on Daraz:
If you’re looking to get your hands on the best Air Fryer then you can find a large variety of all the top-rated Air Fryers on Daraz. You can even purchase your next Air Fryer under installments!
Want to know MORE about Air Fryers? Check our Air Fryer Guide below:
Download the Daraz App now and enjoy exclusive perks!