Got the munchies? It’s okay! We all do. If you’re tired of opening and closing your fridge in a helpless attempt to find snacks, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Here are 5 snack ideas that all use minimal ingredients to create delicious snacks you’ll want to keep eating over and over again!
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Ingredients Required: 3
Satisfaction level: CHEESE
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- Spread some butter onto all four sides of your bread slices. You can cut off the edges if you want a softer sandwhich or leave it on for a nice, crispy, buttery crust.
- Add your cheese slices, making sure they cover the entire sandwhich – not just the center.
- Grill your sandwhich on a frying pan over low heat until perfectly browned and crispy.
Optional: You can add in some tomatoes with any kind of herbs (mixed, oregano, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, garlic powder) along with your cheese for extra flavor. Other additions can be sausages, shredded chicken, bolognese, and minced meat.
Fruit and Biscuit Parfaits
Ingredients Required: 3
Satisfaction Level: GUILT FREE DESSERT
- 1/2 cup yogurt of choice
- 4-5 crushed up biscuits of choice
- sliced fruit of choice
- Scoop your yogurt into a bowl and mix together so there are no lumps. If you’re using fruit yogurt, you can leave it as is. If you’re using plain yogurt – add some sugar or honey or cocoa powder to add some flavor.
- Crumble your favorite biscuits and layer on top of the yogurt. Make sure you don’t crush the biscuits to a powder. You want small to medium sized chunks.
- Add sliced strawberries, bananas, oranges, grapes – whatever you like on top and enjoy!
Satisfaction level: PIZZA
- Slice of bread
- 1-2 tbsp pizza sauce
- Slice of cheese or shredded cheese
- Veggies of choice
- Olive oil
- Drizzle some olive oil in a pan and turn stove on low heat
- Toast both sides of your bread a little (don’t toast it too much) and take off the heat.
- Spread pizza sauce on one side of the bread and put back on pan with sauce side facing upwards.
- Sprinkle your cheese and let it melt a little
- Add your veggies and any other topping you might like
- Finish off with a little more sprinkled cheese and let it melt until everything comes together.
- Take your slices off the pan and enjoy!
Optional: You can sprinkle some oregano, white pepper, and garlic powder on the pizza while its cooking for added flavor.
Topping options: sausages, shredded chicken, pepperoni, minced meat, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, scrambled eggs, spinach, corn.
Satisfaction Level: CHOCOLATE
- 5tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup + 2tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine your dry ingredients in a bowl
- Slowly add milk, whisking to make sure there are no lumps
- Pour mixture into pot and put on LOW heat
- Let it simmer for about 5-8 minutes, stirring until it starts to thicken
- Once thick enough, take off heat and add vanilla and mix to combine
- Let the pudding cool before eating. Or eat it hot – up to you!
You can also add a tbsp of butter along with vanilla to give the pudding a creamier texture. If you have some of your favorite chocolate lying around, you can melt that into your pudding once its done cooking as well for added chocolate-y goodness!
Satisfaction Level: CHATPATA
- 1/2 cup canned sweet corn
- 1tbsp butter, melted
- 1-2 tbsp chaat masala
- squeeze lemon juice
- Drain your corn so there’s no liquid left
- Add butter, chaat masala, and lemon juice and mix
Other mix-in options: garlic powder, shredded cheese, red chili powder
If you liked these recipes and want to check out more, head on over here!