Strawberry & Feta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
Strawberry & Feta Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar white sugar can also be used
- 1/2 cup strawberries halved
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup low fat feta cheese crumbled
- 1 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Add your sugar and butter to a pan and let it melt.
- Once your sugar mix is starting to melt, add your walnuts and toast them lightly, making sure the syrup covers them well.
- Take off the heat and transfer to parchment paper. Let cool completely and break into small pieces when ready to use.
- Add all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well. Make sure your mixed greens aren't too wet or the salad will become soggy. Pat dry with a paper towel if they're still damp.
- Mix your ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk together so there are no lumps of mustard or honey.
- Adjust flavor based on taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over salad. Just enough to lightly coat the leaves. Dont overdo it.
Shop ingredients for this recipe below!
Liked this recipe? Check out more over here!